Monday 7 April 2014

Vision

When trying to explain my condition to a friend or family member I use a number of phrases such as Dizzy, lightheaded, heavy headed, swaying, spinning, swimming, wobbly, off balance, lost in space etc..... Simple layman terms that most people could at least imagine somewhat. What I do not talk about as much are the visual problems that go hand in hand with a vestibular disorder. My vision issues (fuzziness,blurred, inability to hold gaze or track movement very well) are constantly present and are as problematic as the spinning head sensations. I have said it before but I hate using the term "dizzy" not only because it sounds cute but it's as if that is all I am dealing with. A damaged or poor functioning vestibular system causes numerous problems especially visual issues.

Swimmyhead

No comments:

Post a Comment