Friday 7 March 2014

Turning point

After such  negative post last Sunday I am glad to say that come Wednesday I have been feeling much better. This thing is a constant up and down, I guess it's better than a constant down. It has been a rougher few months lately so I hope this is a turning point as I need any kind of relief I can get. Headaches have been kept at bay this week. I am thinking that onions and tomatoes might possibly be a headache trigger for me. I don't know but I have stopped eating them. We shall see.

My current diet is pretty healthy. It mainly consists of fruit such as pears,blueberries and prunes (these are allowed on the migraine diet). Vegetables such as broccoli,carrots,cauliflower,sprouts and leafy greens like spinach and lettuce. I am now using these fruits and veg to make Quinoa salads and stir fry dishes with. Quinoa  is something I had never tried before but reportedly is very good for you. I do not eat any red meat anymore instead stick to chicken or fresh turkey slices. For drinks I have pure pomegranate juice, Rooibos tea and water. Breakfast consists of a bowl of porridge made with Oatly milk. For treats I do allow 2-3 digestive biscuits. I am happy eating this way knowing that not only is it supposed to help with my vestibular issue but also that it is good for me. I would be lying if I said I did not want to shove a massive greasy pizza or Indian take away down my gullet and gorge on a big fat chocolate cake but somehow I just control myself.

I am still keeping proactive by working out everyday regardless how intense my vestibular symptoms are. I am still taking the starting medication I was given daily and my diet is stricter than ever. What more can I do on my own? What I need is to start the treatment plan proposed to me, this has proved very difficult for some reason.

I hope you fellow vestibular dysfunction sufferers reading this are getting better or at least having some relief from this disorientating world.

"When your young and healthy, it never occurs to you that in single second your whole life could change"
Annette Funicello

Read more quotes at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_health.html#OTIvItIA6RIRqrTQ.99

Swimmyhead


No comments:

Post a Comment