Thursday 3 December 2015

Calmer seas,Christening and Chinese food

Hi Guys

Thought I would check in and let you know whats going on with me at the moment. If you have already read my previous post you will know that I was prescribed betahistine to see if it calms my symptoms. Well, that was a month ago and I have yet to take them. The reason being is that I have had a pretty good month balance/dizziness wise and don't want to rock the boat. Sure I have a level of dizziness and a light head throughout the days but I am able to function pretty well. I have no idea why the steadier balance and clearer head but it's nice to have these moments. I have no way of knowing how long the calmer seas will last but when it ends ( I am sure it will) I will then turn to the betahistine. If I took it now and it helped I might not feel the benefits(if any) because I feel ok. I think it best to take them when I am back to that disorientating hell and I will get a clearer picture if they work for me or not. My plan is to still come of my current medication after the trial with betahistine and try that other medicine I talked about previously. The medicine that helped that young man go from a vertigo ridden state to having his life back. So things are taking a little longer than planned but like I said I don't want to rock the boat with new medications whilst am having a better time of things.

On another note my friends had their children christened this past weekend and I was honoured to be a Godparent. Of course I was stressing a little weeks before the day because I have no control over the intensity of my symptoms. I didn't know if I would wake up really dizzy and disorientated or with more manageable symptoms. Luckily it was the latter and I had a nice day. I also had Chinese food for the first time in about 10 years which if you are on a migraine diet is a BIG no no (MSG). I can happily say it did not effect me negatively at all. It was delicious.

So there ya have it. Ill keep you guys posted.

Swimmyhead

No comments:

Post a Comment