Wednesday 15 June 2016

Dizzy and Disoriented - Great article

Hi guys

This is a great article written by a guy called Brian Platzer, 35 who has suffered constant chronic vertigo that started back in 2010. He describes his life living with the condition and the various medication he has tried since being diagnosed with vestibular migraine. I am sure many of you will relate as do I. Whats's brilliant about the article is that not only does Brian provide great insight and information but there are 200+ user comments all of which seem to be left by fellow vertigo sufferers. They offer advice and insight into treatments and medications that did or didn't work. Ill be taking notes for my next doctors visit.

It's funny in my last post just a few hours ago I was doubting my migraine diagnoses but after reading this article and the comments left by users maybe my doc is on the right track. Read it and you might stumble upon a titbit of information that may help you.

Link: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/06/13/dizzy-and-disoriented-with-no-cure-in-sight-2/?_r=0


Swimmyhead

3 comments:

  1. Hey mate

    I feel your pain. It's frustrating to say the least. People have a hard time grasping our crazy symptoms. They wonder how we can feel so bad for so long. Normally when you are ill you are given medicine or have an operation and all is well but for us there is no such luck. The problem is that we have an invisible illness so help and sympathy is hard to come by. Keep looking for answers mate. Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! Empathetically yrs,

    Brian
    www.brianplatzer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brian

      I must thank you for sharing your experience. I feel for you as I know all too well the impact this condition has on our lives.The way you describe the disorientation as much as dizziness,cloudy vision and feeling overwhelmed by your surroundings hits the nail on the head.Your whole experience is similar to mine.

      Thank you for dropping by. I appreciate it.

      Delete