Friday 5 August 2016

The Dizzy journey continues.....

Hi guys

I thought it was time to check in and let you know whats been happening. As some of you know for the last 3-4 months I have bee gradually increasing the dose of my Gabapentin medication that I take for vestibular migraine from my usual 600mg all the way to 1800mg. I finally reached the 1800mg mark about 4 or5 weeks ago and I'm afraid to say it made no difference to my balance and dizziness. So I went back to the doctors a couple of weeks back and he advised me to come back down gradually to 600mg and then to visit him again for a change of plan. Its all taking longer than I initially assumed but there you go.

There was one thing my doctor said that concerned me and that was how reducing gabapentin too quickly may cause seizures. SEIZURES what the hell. So I want to reduce the dosage slowly since I have been on the medication a little over 4 years. I am sure it won't happen but there is a little worry in the back of my mind. Anyway I am currently back down to 900mg which I will stay on for the next 3 weeks or so, I just hope I am not reducing too fast.

All in all it's been a rough 3-4 months symptom wise because of the increasing and decreasing of this medication. My body hasn't liked it one bit but it was worth a shot wasn't it?

So the dizzy journey continues.................

Swimmyhead



No comments:

Post a Comment