Wednesday 24 September 2014

Gluten Free Dizziness - Update

Hi guys

Just a quick update regarding the gluten free diet I have been sticking to these last few weeks. I have not experienced any reduction in dizziness and vertigo unfortunately nor have I felt an amazing sense of well being that many report once they go gluten free. That being said I HAVE stopped having those frequent stomach pains after eating. Only once have I felt stomach discomfort in the past 3 weeks or so. This is a huge success since I was experiencing stomach pain after eating certain foods up to 5 times a week. I guess it is safe to say I may have a slight gluten intolerance. So it may not have helped my dizziness but it certainly has helped my stomach. The main culprit seems to be bread so I now buy a gluten free loaf called Genius. It's smaller than your usual loaf and a touch expensive but I will stick to it from now on.

My vertigo has been much more intense these past 6-7 weeks. It's been rough. However yesterday and today it's settled a little, so physically I am steadier and the world appears a little more stable (the visual motion of back and forth, up and down has reduced). I do have a headache but it is not making the vertigo worse.

So there you have it a quick little update. Keep pushing on and take care.

Swimmyhead - Twitter 

Swimmyhead - Dizziness and vertigo site

Swimmyhead

No comments:

Post a Comment