Tuesday 28 October 2014

B12 Deficiency

Hi Guys

I feel absolutely exhausted since the moment I opened my eyes today. My vision is doing that blurry thing causing me to blink too many times a minute for my liking. My head is heavy and full with pressure thus I am more sensitive to moving around and visually scanning my surroundings . I simply feel very uncomfortable. Feeling exhausted has been a prominent issue ever since my vertigo began. In the early days just taking a shower would immediately leave me sitting down with no energy left to comb my hair. Mornings have since been pretty exhausting. I sleep anywhere between 6.5 to 8 hours a night but it makes no difference. I cannot remember the last time I woke up feeling refreshed and full of life. A good guess would be back in early 2007 before this journey dizzy started. To be honest one of my least favourite times of the day is that first moment I open my eyes. The room is always shifting/rotating and disorientating. Some mornings are worse than others but that sense of motion of self and of the world around me is always present every single day. It's such a joy to start everyday this way (NOT). Going to bed is no better. I spend the first 10 min or so usually darting upright because of the sensation of spinning/rocking/bobbing gets too much or that sudden feeling of falling. When this happens I tend to sit up right and try to fix my gaze on a touch of light coming in through the top of the curtains but this helps none since the room is dark and worsens the visual motion I perceive. Trying to maintain gaze on that crack of light is a fight in itself.

I was going to write about vitamin B12 after watching a video about a woman who was experiencing vestibular dysfunction that nobody could diagnose. No one could help her until one day a doctor decided to start giving her vitamin b12 injections. I don't think she was anemic or especially b12 deficient. Anyway long story short the injections resulted in her becoming dizzy free. I looked into the subject a little further and found that B12 deficiency can cause many vestibular dysfunction like symptoms in fact it can present and mimic a whole host of serious conditions. I suggest you do  a Google search guys and read up about b12 deficiency and associated symptoms. It cannot hurt.

Swimmyhead

No comments:

Post a Comment