Monday 9 September 2019

Second trip - A Success

Hi Guys

The last time I posted I talked about my trip to Jersey. Well, in August I travelled a bit further and went on a short trip to Spain. I was a bit anxious about flying there as the flight was around 2hr 30 min but I did so well on my previous flights that I just had to do it. Thankfully the whole experience was great. Spain was beautiful. Hot sunny weather and the flights there and back were smooth except for the take off when heading to Spain. Wow, there was severe weather warnings in place that day. Very windy. We flew down the run way and lifted off the ground and the plane drifted left then up and down and wobbled around ( a few people were gasping). Once above the clouds the flight became smooth and steady. I am glad to say that even with my motion intolerance any turbulence that I have experienced so far has not effected me in the slightest. I mean yes it feels peculiar in my head more so than normal folk (how could it not) but I don't feel any motion sickness at all. Thank god. Once the turbulence stops I feel the same as always. I am also happy to say that once off the plane I don't feel any different. I'm not any more dizzier or motion intolerant because of the flight.

I had a great trip and managed pretty well. I probably felt better during those five days in Spain than I have ever felt in the last 12 years (weird). The only real crappy moments were whilst navigating the tiny shops and walking the aisles. The familiar lifting up, dropping of the floor sensation would appear along with the visual vertigo also getting up out of my seat and walking between tables to exit a restaurant would feel a little uneasy but apart from that my vestibular symptoms never became overwhelming.

Since being back home I have felt worse. Back to my usual level of dizziness with some days being very uncomfortable. I swear to god that a bright sunny day helps my symptoms. I always feel more balanced the more sunshine there is.

Anyway there you have it another successful trip. I feel very proud of myself attempting these busy trips whilst dealing with the daily vestibular problems.

I also had my neuro ophthalmologist appointment during the summer. To make a long story short they looked at my eye movements and confirmed my eyes now tremble in every direction. The docs feel it's my underlying vestibular disorder causing my eyes to act this way but they were willing to put me on some medication and eye drops that in a small percentage of people have been found to help calm eye trembling/nystagmus. They think like I do that if we can calm my eye movements then perhaps it will help the overall dizziness.

Unfortunately I had to stop using the eye drops as they dried my eyes out and I woke up in pain since I also have a corneal erosion (So painful). Also within about an hour of using the drops I began to wheeze and become short of breathe for an hour or so. Shame.


Swimmyhead







No comments:

Post a Comment