Sunday 29 March 2020

Update 2020

Hi Guys

It's been a while since I last posted. A quick update about what is going on with me and my vertigo/dizziness. I had a coupe of appointments last year to see a neuro ophthalmologist. The reason? to find out if my now abnormal eye movements (nystagmus etc) are the reason for my ongoing chronic dizziness and vertigo or is it an underlying vestibular disorder that is causing my strange eye movements. 

The conclusion? My neuro ophthalmologist thinks it's an underlying vestibular disorder causing the nystagmus and not an eye movement problem causing my symptoms. I have often thought that whatever happened that morning in 2007 when I woke up spinning did something to my eyes. They have always felt off everyday since. I figured after all this time maybe the vestibular problem had cleared and I was perhaps left with an ocular motility issue which is now causing my dizziness tec. Well, apparently not. 

The ophthalmologist thinks I had an inner problem all those years back which has left me this way. I don't doubt him. I mean something went terribly wrong that is for sure. To this day I don't know really what happened though as I have heard inner ear and migraine and this and that over the years. 

So there you have it. No more eye doctor visits for me.

Oh, and I turned 40 this past New years day. I can't believe it, ha. Bloody 40.







6 comments:

  1. I'm a New Year's baby too. Constant Vertigo and dizzyness as well. Just found your blog. going to read some of your old posts. I haven't read much of any one else's experiences for years. Probably since I stopped looking for or expecting any hope of it ever stopping. I turned 47 New Years Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to reply. I have not logged into blogger for some time and have only just seen your message. I appreciate you leaving this comment back in April.

    So your a new years baby too, ha. To be honest I no longer do much reading about dizziness and vertigo for the very same reason.

    I will still post here from time to time. If I have anything new to share.

    Thanks again for leaving a comment.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you heard of CoQ10? I read that the combination of vitamin B2, magnesium, and CoQ10 helped some people with their dizziness.

    How about CBD oil?

    Have you had a brain MRI?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Daniel

    Thanks for the questions. I have not heard of CoQ10. I will take a look. I have tried taking magnesium, B1 and b12 but not B2. Interesting.

    I have not tried CBD oil either but have considered it.

    I have had 2 MRI's.My first back in 2009 and my second in 2018. Fortunately they are all clear and fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s great that both of your MRI’s came back clean. My friend’s MRI came back clean as well.

      I have a friend who’s been feeling like she’s about to get dizzy for about two years now. Doctors say that she might have had sinusitis that triggered it. Some say that she might have chronic migraines that’s causing the dizziness. Some say that it was a crystal in her ear that went out of place and went back into place that weakened her auditory system. Some say that it’s coming from the neck.

      I don’t know what your doctors are saying, but if they haven’t mentioned any of the things I’ve mentioned, I think it’s worth asking.

      I’m thinking about trying these next (willing to try anything at this point):
      1. Zok relief
      2. ClearUp by tivichealth

      Will let you know how it goes.

      Delete
    2. Hey Daniel

      Over the years I have had doctors tell me different reasons as to why I am constantly dizzy. In the beginning I was told it was crystals then labyrinthitis, Vestibular migraine, PPPD, Inner ear damage. The diagnoses most doctors suggest I am suffering with is vestibular migraine but some doctors I have seen don't think it's the case at all.
      No doctor has ever mentioned that it could be my neck although I have read about such cases over the years.
      It's nearly 14 years for me in this dizzy state and I still don't have a name for this thing. I have a vestibular disorder but which one I couldn't say.


      Delete