Sunday 4 August 2013

1 week and counting

It has been 1 full week and my vertigo has remained at a more manageable level. I have no idea why but I am not complaining. I have not experienced a full week in these past 6 years were my symptoms have not intensified. I did have one wobbly evening a couple of days ago and thought my good luck had run out but surprisingly the next day was pretty good.

Of course I am all to aware that better days do not mean I am suddenly going to get better. I am well aware that rare good days have occurred before only to go back to complete and utter disorientation. However, maybe I am turning a corner ,maybe this week will turn into 2 weeks. I am trying to not get my hopes up and remain realistic.

There was one day especially ( I think it was Thursday ) that was the best of the bunch. I went for walk and my vision was pretty damn clear (no fuzz whatsoever) the world looked different, dare I say it looked almost normal. there was much less visual vertigo and that blurring of moving objects that we vertigo sufferers experience was so much better. It felt amazing to watch the traffic go by and actually be able to track the cars and not feel an overwhelming sensation of being pushed and pulled or falling because of the visual movement. How lovely it was to feel like the floor was not lifting me up and down with every step I took. My head felt clearer, my vision sharper , my balance more stable and no headaches. I hope that this positive story helps others living like me. It goes to show that even after 6 years feeling overwhelmingly disorientated better days are possible. For so long I felt like i would never ever improve.

Today is not as wonderful as last Thursday but today's symptoms do not compare to the horror of years gone by. I am keeping my fingers and my toes firmly crossed.


Swimmyhead


No comments:

Post a Comment