Monday 27 January 2014

Monosodium Glutamate

When I was diagnosed with chronic vestibular migraine my consultant told me to avoid foods containing MSG (monosodium glutamate) and that i should stick strictly to a migraine diet. This i did or should say thought I did because after much research I have found that MSG seems to be in nearly every product in the supermarket. Even products clearly stating that there is no MSG present still may have MSG in them. The whole thing is confusing but the truth seems to be that many ingredients on the back of food items contain or produce free glutamate, the most active chemical of monosodium glutamate.

So for all you vestibular migrainers out there here is a link to an informative website that lists all of the common food ingredients found on the back of food products that contain processed free glutamic acid (MSG) -

I have learned that migrainers should avoid monosodium Glutamate in there diet. I will be even stricter in the future.

Swimmyhead

No comments:

Post a Comment