Wednesday 29 January 2014

A little better

Finally my vertigo has tamed a little. I am not completely overwhelmed by it. Sure it's still ever present but I'll take it compared to the last 2-3 weeks of hell. I will admit I was not  a big believer in the migraine diet, I really couldn't see how food might effect my vertigo but I have changed my mind. Since the weekend I have gone MSG(Monsodium Glutamate) mad. I have scanned every packet and food product in the house and have avoided anything that contains or appears to contain MSG. It makes eating a little boring but it's better than feeling like c*** all day everyday. I have been eating original Shredded wheat in Oatly milk or Porridge with Oatly milk  for breakfast and fresh turkey and lettuce on plain bagels for lunch. My dinners have been based on vegetables.

Am I vertigo free (hell no) but symptoms have come down in intensity. Ya know this whole vertigo thing is confusing and tiring. I still am not sure why the vertigo increases some weeks and why others it's a little tamer. If I exercise I am dizzy, if I don't exercise I am dizzy. When I eat right I am dizzy, when I don't eat right I am dizzy. If I take medication I am dizzy and if I don't  take medication I am dizzy. I am simply dizzy all of the time and cannot put my finger on what helps and what doe's not.

I think eating correctly appears to help or maybe my symptoms reducing alongside me changing my diet is pure coincidence, I don't know? I guess I have to say the medication has helped since I was completely non functional for 4 years or so before I was prescribed anything. It's difficult to say because I still have a great deal of vertigo to contend with even on my better days. The fitness workouts I have been doing have been great physique wise but it ain't retrained my wobbly brain.

Oh well there ya go, at least I am having some rest.

Swimmyhead

No comments:

Post a Comment