Tuesday 4 February 2014

Sleeping pattern

I wrote a quick post the other day saying how I felt a little better, well that did not last. I continued to feel wretched and completely "out of it". The last 2 days have been particularly awful resulting in a sudden banging headache yesterday evening that lasted right through to bedtime. That is two painful headaches that have occurred within 5 days of each other. My symptoms are worse before the headache happens and even more intense during the headache itself. Once the headache goes away I am left with the aftermath and then it all repeats. My brain never gets chance to fully relax before the next increase in symptoms. The vertigo never subsides.

As you know I have tried everything and done everything to help myself over the years but to no avail. I still cannot understand how I am left this way after an acute attack of vertigo back in 2007. What the hell happened? what exactly has gone wrong? Most people experience vertigo which leaves them bed ridden for a few days/weeks and then everything is back to normal. Me, I am stuck living every second of every single minute fighting it.

The only piece of advise I can think of that I have not strictly adhered to is to maintain a consistent sleeping pattern. My sleeping regime is all over the place. One night I go to sleep at 12.00 the next night I go to sleep 3.00am. I might sleep for 5 hours one day  or 9 hours the next. It varies day to day. I cannot see how fixing this can help solve the problem after having sticking to strict diet changes, exercise regimes, rehabilitation, medication etc. I am all out of ideas and have little faith that changing my sleeping routine is the key. Let's be honest it's not going to be is it?

That said, I am going to try the strict sleeping pattern from now on. Hell I am doing everything else I may as well do this.

I don't know what has changed recently or why any little progress I thought I had made has taken two giant leaps back. It's scary and frustrating but I will keep trying and pushing on, after all what else can I do.

Swimmyhead


No comments:

Post a Comment