Thursday 13 February 2014

Relief

I am very happy to say that today is the day that I have some significant relief from the hell that is vestibular dysfunction. My constant symptoms have decreased in intensity and has been significantly more manageable. As usual I have no idea why this is. Maybe the strict sleep pattern and the strict food monitoring has helped, I don't know, but whatever the reason I am having my best day since Sept/October. The whole of December was rather Hellish but nothing compared to this past January and early Feb. My symptoms went haywire, took five GIANT steps back and kept me housebound most of the time apart from the occasional walk in the evening.

I would be a happier soul if the intensity of my symptoms would just stay more like this and remain constant. Instead the intensity just goes  up and down but mostly remains up as you know. Of course hell will reappear sooner or later, it always does but today is better.

It's strange, the world feels and looks different when it is like this. The vibe is strange but a good one. It's almost like I am in a different reality, I suppose I am. I have after all spent nearly several years in an alternate reality. Normal folk would think what I have just said is very strange I suspect but only us vertigo sufferers know how real and drastic our perception and sensation of the world around us changes because of a vestibular problem. Today, I am in a world that I am not used to. I am nearly in reality but not quite. It's a world I am not used to but certainly glad to be part of. My vision is clearer, everything appears sharper and in focus. My head is not as heavy or pressured and slow/ I am not being pulled aggressively when walking or turning or simply watching somebody walk by. The visual rocking and swaying is less. I am jealous of all the people who get to live in this more steady world. I have missed it.

However it is not perfect. I am of course still having to deal with my symptoms. I cannot move or turn as fast as I would like and I am not free of the floor lifting me up and down sensation etc but I'll take it and hope that there is more of these days or should I say even better days ahead (That is wishful thinking).

I did go to the dentist today which increased my symptoms and made me rather uncomfortable. Being lowered and lifted up and down in the dentist chair numerous times will do that. The vertigo was a little unnerving but once I had the work done and got out of the chair with  a second or two to compose myself of course, I was ok. Normally I avoid shops if I can but today I entered a few and was pleasantly surprised at how well my vertigo ridden bonce held up.

Anyway that's it. Hopefully I can drag this out a bit longer but I'll probably be back blogging tomorrow about how hellish I feel and that I can't turn my head more than an inch.

Swimmyhead

No comments:

Post a Comment