Friday 21 February 2014

Headaches

Well I have been up and down this week, had a raging headache last night but am glad to say today is much better thus far. I am working hard trying to find foods and recipes that I can eat (sticking to the migraine diet). It is a bit of a  chore since everything I used to eat and everything I want to consume is simply not allowed. Anyway, I was a little naughty yesterday as  I made a Chinese scrambled egg and tomato stir fry for my lunch yesterday. I know I am supposed to avoid egg and tomatoes but I couldn't resist. It was lovely but six hours later the raging headache began. Is the tomato and egg dish to blame? I don't know because I still get headaches when I am not eating them. The headache make the vertigo and vision issues much worse.

My headache frequency has certainly increased this past 2 months or so. I am having them at least 2 times a week. It's a bummer. I am still exercising daily so maybe that is the cause, again I do not know.

I have been diagnosed with three or four different vertigo causing conditions over the years. Firstly, Benign Paroxysmal Positional vertigo (BBPV), when I did not improve in a couple of weeks after numerous Epley manoeuvres it was thought to be uncompensated Labyrinthtis. For years I believed this to be an accurate diagnoses based on the constant vertigo and other sensory issues but after years of rehabilitation and no improvement I was finally told I was suffering chronic vestibular migraine, this being my current diagnoses. Mal de debarquement syndrome was toyed around with.

Anyway I find The migraine diagnoses hard to understand to be honest. How the hell does one have a 7 year, all day everyday chronic migraine. I don't suffer a lot of pain with headaches more of a fullness and pressure ( they are more painful lately) and I don't suffer a lot of headaches, all my symptoms rage on regardless of headache or not. I have to believe in what I am told I guess, after all the last consultant I saw is an expert in this particular field. It is hard after taking migraine preventative medication for so long and sticking to a migraine diet as well as exercising daily not to see a constant big improvement in my symptoms. It just has not happened. A little improvement has happened for sure but not an improvement I can jump for joy about.

Is it migraine making me feel this way? Well I certainly feel worse when the headaches arise and the medication I am on has helped this past 22 months or so. When I look at it like this then I can see that maybe vestibular migraine it is. I hope so because further medication tweeks might just be the key. I just got to get back to my consultant.

"If your going through hell, Keep going" - Winston Churchill

Swimmyhead

No comments:

Post a Comment