Friday 18 July 2014

NEARLY NORMAL

I am so thrilled at the moment because my vertigo has subsided a great deal. Dare I say that I almost feel NORMAL. I currently have a headache but that has not increased the imbalance and visual motion like it normally would. there is no rhyme or reason for it. I would describe the sensation today as simply lightheaded.

My vision is clear not fuzzy. The swaying sensation in my head that accompanies every head turn is minimal. Motion tracking with my eyes is pretty good as I am not feeling like I am falling when seeing someones hands move or when cars go by etc. I am pretty steady as the floor feels more solid and stable instead of lifting me up and down or sliding out from beneath me. I do not feel so detached. I could go on and on and on.

Of course I am waiting for hell to reappear as my very rare better moments never last but this is brilliant. I want to scream I FEEL NEARLY NORMAL but no one would understand and would obviously think the crazy dizzy person is even more crazy. These past days have given me a taste of near normal and in comparison to the persistent ever present vertigo that I have lived with every single waking second since May 2007 this is wonderful, there is no comparison.

I have had some bloody low and scary moments throughout this illness and for years I believed I had no chance of ever feeling like my old self and everybody else again. Well I can tell you that is not the case at the moment. I hope whoever is reading this and going through a long battle with any cause of vestibular dysfunction and who feels like there is never going to be a better day, I tell you there will be. It might be 2 weeks from now or 2 months or maybe 2 years, damn it might be several years like myself but it can happen.

I just pray that I continue to improve upon this more manageable level. I do not want to slide back to being a vertigo ridden zombie and battle through each day anymore. If only I could just continue to improve from this point. It seems possible after so long feeling impossible.

I pray that July 2014 is the month I finally begin to come to. I think I have done my fair share.

Health is like money, we never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.  ~Josh Billings
http://www.quotegarden.com/health.html

Swimmyhead





No comments:

Post a Comment