Sunday 20 July 2014

Still going strong

I'm still going strong. All symptoms are present but minimal regarding intensity. I had a more difficult day yesterday and thought that my luck may have ran out but today has been surprisingly good. Early morning I received a call from a friend asking if I would help him move some heavy garage equipment. I had a bit of concern as I am usually disorientated upon waking but said yes and got to work. Any level of disorientation I had lifted pretty rapidly and I was glad to be out helping and mingling with the world.

I expected a dip after such heavy lifting and much interaction but instead my symptoms have remained consistently manageable. So much so I went for a walk in the sun and enjoyed looking out at a very clear and steadier world.

I should say that symptoms do increase late evening. They always have and still do even on these better days. Once the light begins to dim unsteadiness and proproiception difficulties increase but not as drastically.

I do not know if this is the breakthrough week I have been yearning for and if it going to last. I am sure there will be worse days to come but if I could just have more of these better days that would be a blessing. I hope that my story is helping some of you long term sufferers out there. Try to keep positive even though you feel anything but. This is such a cruel illness because recovery is not linear. It's up and down, forwards and backwards. I have had some of my worst moments only this past Jan/Feb nearly 7 years in. It can be extremely disheartening when you have battled for so long thinking you are getting somewhere and then suddenly your back at square one. I cling on to hope and will continue to do so.

Swimmyhead


No comments:

Post a Comment