Wednesday 30 July 2014

So It Continues......

I am still doing pretty well guys. These past few weeks have been different for sure (good different). I have had a few weeks here and there this past year when my vertigo has somewhat tamed which of course gave me hope. This time I feel within arms reach of normality. 7 years of absolute CONSTANT hell and here I am finally experiencing a big improvement.

I am not better but much improved for most of the day. The level of intense disorientation that I have lived with is incomparable to the dizziness I have currently. That being said I am not about to do a Michael Jackson spin any time soon but keeping things slow and just pottering around feels pretty good. I guess a normal person would jump in my head right now and wish to get out but I can accept this lower intensity of symptoms. I'll take it with open arms. Of course I wish for a full recovery and feeling the way I do recently makes me believe I can get there. If I do get there you might well catch me performing Michael Jackson spins and naked cartwheels around the garden in utter elation.

There have been a few hours here and there when  I have forgotten that I am Mr Vertigo. Pottering around the house, taking a shower not even thinking about dizziness. Then suddenly I realise I have not given the dizziness/vertigo a second thought. This is huge progress. Normally the vertigo it is completely overwhelming and I cannot think of anything but. Taking a shower and drying myself off has been quite the task these past several years.

I am sure a bad day or weeks is on the horizon but I will suck it up and wait for more of the better days to come. I guess the task is to continue to have more better days than bad that would be a sign of progress for sure. Keep going guys.

Fingers and toes crossed.

Swimmyhead



No comments:

Post a Comment