Monday 1 July 2013

Dizziness and Vertigo: Mal de debarquement Syndrome

I thought I would share a news report about two Mal de debarquement sufferers that I saw about 5 years ago. This particular news report always stuck in my mind because the symptoms and experience the two women describe in the video are exactly the same for me. I mean even the camera motion in the video is a perfect representation of how I see the world since my vertigo started.

It seems to me that all the different vestibular disorders be it Migraine associated vertigo, Bppv, Labyrinthitis, Meniere's disease, perilymph fistuala etc all share common symptoms. The root cause of the dizziness and vertigo that someone is experiencing may be different but people living with any of these conditions tend to share a similar experience. After all vertigo is vertigo.

I have been diagnosed with migraine associated vertigo but I can absolutely relate to mal de debarquement symptoms. This is a fantastic video to show your friends and family in order to give them some understanding of what life is like living with dizziness/vertigo.

Link Below:
 
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/video?id=4180415#.Ua3GR9fYWbo.twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment