Tuesday 9 July 2013

Improvements

A few days back I posted a vertigo and dizziness symptom list and whilst I still experience most of those symptoms daily their severity has decreased somewhat this past year. I thought I would share the symptoms that have improved (they are still present but less severe). I am certain that I owe these small but very welcome improvements to my migraine medication, exercise and diet.

  1. The awful detached feeling and fuzzy vision that plagued me for many years is much better these days. I absolutely hated the detached feeling I used to live with. It was as if I was observing the world from afar, seperate. I am sure the additional visual fuzz increased this "feeling out of it" state. The visual fuzz will still increase in the evening but is not always constant in the day now.
  2. Unless I am having a bad few days when my symptoms decide to ramp up, I have found that the sensation of the floor lifting me up and down with every step is less severe most of the time. I still experience the sensation just not as powerfully.
  3. Headaches are less frequent these days. I never experienced headaches until my vertigo journey started. I then found I was having headaches at least 4-5 days a week year after year. I assumed they were due to the fact that my eyes and brain simply had to work harder to balance and concentrate because of the vertigo problem. Now they are a little less frequent usually 1-2  a week.
  4. Sleeping on my side was an absolute no no for the first 3 years but it got better. This is probably the first improvement that I experienced. I still might have a little spin now and again when I  sleep on my side but the sensation is much less severe.
  5. Bouncing vision upon waking seems to be less intense these days.
  6. Turning a corner, say from room to room is easier most of the time. I still cannot turn around as quick as I would like (still feel like a robot) but it is better compared to  the amount of motion I used to endure and witness when turning. 
  7. The in and out of focus,video camera like world that we dizzies see is generally less intense most of the time. Sure I still deal with it all day long just not as consistently severe or as disorientating.
  8. Thinking and multitasking has improved unless it is a bad day.
  9. The ability to visually focus on an object is better most of the time. There was a time when I would try to look at an object and it was if my vision could not pin point it's location. It would have to bounce around before settling somewhat. It felt like I was looking through the object or person.
  10. There were times when walking that the world appeared to bounce quite violently. This is better most of the time.
  11. The bending and arcing of walls and floor etc is less severe.
  12. Depth perception is better most of the time
Again I should state that all of the above are still constantly present but thanks to my medication they have improved. I do get bad moments,days and weeks but now I just wait them out knowing I will at least have a few days when symptoms are less intense and more manageable. Before my migraine medication all of the symptoms were severe all of the time with absolutely no let up.

No comments:

Post a Comment